Keeping Watch will provide you with peace of mind by keeping a watchful eye on your home while you are away. Step away from your home knowing we will be your eyes and ears as we do a regularly scheduled visual inspection of your home and/or property, inside and out, looking for obvious issues. We will ensure your home and property remain secure and all systems functioning properly during your absence.
We understand trust is important. Keeping Watch is owned and operated by individuals whose reputations have been built on trust, integrity and reliability. Your inspection will be completed by a licensed and trained home watch technician who will provide professional, trustworthy and dependable service.
When we have completed our inspection of your property we will provide a report detailing what was checked during our visit. If any issues were found, we will provide important information, recommend services that may be required and/or describe any action taken during our visit. Utilizing tablet technology and Home Watch software, photographs will accompany each report so you know exactly when your home was inspected by one of our professional and qualified technicians.
Your Home Watch inspection will be performed on a pre-determined schedule. We offer inspection plans on a weekly or bi-weekly basis, based upon your needs. Whether it is your primary residence, vacation home, cottage, cabin or rental property, we will customize our services to meet your personal needs.
Home Watch is a visual inspection of a home or property looking for obvious issues.
An inspection may include:
- Examine property for broken windows, forced entry, or vandalism
- Check screen enclosures
- Remove any mail, packages, advertising, or other vacant home identifiers from front door area and sidewalks
- Confirm yard or snow maintenance is being performed properly by other vendors
- Visually monitor snow build up on roofs and decks
- Check deck areas
- Visual check of pools, patios, storage shed, etc. are secure and undamaged
- Check outdoor faucets for leaks or covered in the winter
- Visual inspection of A/C equipment
- Visual inspection of roof and gutters from the ground level
- Check exterior for pest control issues
- Check garage and garage door for proper functioning
- Inspect for any fallen trees or limbs
- Visual inspection of ceilings and walls for signs of water damage, moisture or mold issues
- Run water in sinks, tubs and showers to keep taps from drying out
- Flush toilets (wait until tank is completely refilled and stops running)
- Visually check for leaks under sinks and around toilets
- Investigate any noises, alarms, beeps or odors
- Check sump pumps for proper operation
- Check water softener/water filter for leaks and verify salt levels
- Check interior for rodent intrusion and pest control issues
- Make sure all windows and doors are locked
- Confirm security system is working properly
- Bulbs on timed lights will be checked to insure they are not burned out
- Check thermostats for proper seasonal settings and operation
- Check smoke detectors and replace batteries if needed
- Check circuit box for tripped breakers
- Confirm refrigerator and freezer is working properly
- Run garbage disposal
- Check closets and cabinets
- Remove any kitchen garbage or spoiled food mistakenly left by homeowner
- Key Holder services
- Post Storm damage inspection for debris, damage and power outage
- Light/Small Maintenance Projects
- Opening services for Contractors or other Service companies (i.e. TV/Cable/Internet/Phone, carpet, flooring, etc.)
- Emergency Services
- Run/Start Vehicles
- Other (Please ask us- we will try to accommodate your needs!)
Reporting – Our Link to Your Peace of Mind
Keeping Watch uses business management software provided by Home Watch IT. The reports we send you are all professionally produced by us, using software that captures the GPS coordinates as well as the time and date that correspond to the report’s creation. You have infallible evidence that your home was visited should you ever have an insurance claim or other need.